AmpJuke is a great way to manage and stream your music using online resources. With this program, you have the ability to connect with several clients online. While you have a choice to listen to music simultaneously together as with a radio station, you also have the option to listen in native mode, which means everyone listens individually. Whether you choose to use it as an online radio station or juke box, everyone can enjoy the same music at the same time. As you stream and manage your music collection, this program can also fetch the coordinating images, lyrics and album covers. There are several modules that you can hook up to this software that will handle this process automatically. An open source file like this is free, so anytime there's any upgrades or new versions you can download it the same way.
- Scan and import information (tags) from music files to a MySQL-database
- Automatically send listening statistics to last.fm. No plugin is needed
- Upload music
- Download music
- Retrieve and display biographies for artists/performers and albums
- Any mediaplayer that "understand" the .m3u-playlist format, can play the streamed music...or just use the flash player...or a combination
- Retrieve and store album covers automatically using a webservice from last.fm, and/or try the "Scan metadata"
- Random play with various options for "fair" rotation of tracks
- Display related performers using webservice from last.fm
- Stream music from related performers
- Manage music using personal favorite lists
- Share favorites with other users
- Downsample (transcode) music in realtime to a lower bitrate using LAME
- Show what's playing right now and what's up next
- Themes, icons and several languages makes the 'look and feel' of AmpJuke a matter of personal preference
- Display lyrics for virtually any song in your collection
- Edit track-, performer- and/or album-information
- Automatically block IP-adresses that fails to authenticate a number of times
- Enabled self-registration of users
- ...plus much, much more!