Wordpress is a user-friendly blog or business site where you can create a virtual presence quickly and easily. Easy to use templates that are quickly customized help you present your content in whatever fashion and style you prefer. Updates can be automatically implemented, which means that the user does not have to be technically savvy. This is the perfect site for a beginning blogger or experienced website user to present their personal material or business content on the web and have it look like it was professionally done. The setup process only takes minutes as well, making it easy to be online in a very short time.
- Full standards compliance
- Changes you make to your templates or entries are reflected immediately on your site
- Pages allow you to manage non-blog content easily, so for example you could have a static "About" page that you manage through WordPress.
- Links allows you to create, maintain, and update any number of blogrolls through your administration interface. This is much faster than calling an external blogroll manager.
- WordPress comes with a full theme system
- Cross-blog communication tools : Trackback and Pingback
- Spam protection
- Full user registration
- Password Protected Posts
- Easy installation and upgrades
- Easy Importing for Movable Type, Textpattern, Greymatter, Blogger, and b2
- XML-RPC interface
- Workflow : You can have types of users that can only post drafts, not publish to the front page.
- Intelligent text formatting
- Multiple authors
- Ping away : WordPress supports pinging Ping-O-Matic, which means maximum exposure for your blog to search engines.